Sunday, June 21, 2009

"I always give my bird a generous butter massage" Julia Childs


Linda went into D.C. today to the Museum of American History. Only seeing eye dogs are allowed, so I had to stay home. The main exhibit was the original 200-year old Star-Spangled Banner. She also saw a bunch of Inaugural ball gowns the First Ladies have worn. (Martha Washington was skinny!) The exhibits included Julia Childs T.V. Kitchen, the original Kermit the frog, the Ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz; Seinfeld's ruffled pirate shirt and Archie and Edith Bunker's chairs. Besides the cool museum, the Dextro-Energy Triathlon (which is part of the World Championships) was being held. World class athletes were speeding by on their bikes wearing their swimsuits. The weather was just beautiful too boot. Since she was gone so long and feeling guilty for leaving me, I got 2 long walks and lots of rubs and cuddles today.