Monday, October 1, 2012

On the Path to Recovery

There is a song in Linda's Body Pump routine that says "What doesn't kill you makes your stronger."  There is a lot of truth to that.  Having trials and relying on God to see you through them really does make it easier the next time.  Even though Linda was a little stressed about Chimi getting sick today, she's been through it so many times with me (acute pancreatic issues; seizures; breathing issues; dislocated knees) that she was able to deal with the problem and not get hysterical.  She can remember my last horrible seizure 3 years ago. It happened during a walk.  She sat down on the sidewalk cradling me and just started praying aloud.  She wasn't sure if I was going to live or die.  A total peace came over her and she was able to get me home (with the help of a baby stroller that a lady in the house we were in front of just decided at that minute to put out it out to the curb with a Free sign on it!) and get me to the Vet.  That was the very last seizure I ever had (and I was having at least 4 a month!)  My knees also haven't been badly dislocated in a few years either.

Chim seems better after his Vet visit. I was SO HAPPY when the Doctor recommended he just eat boiled chicken and rice for the next few days!  That means I get the same dinner.  The smell of the chicken made me dance on my back legs for 30 minutes while it cooked.  We both ate every single bite. He's been sleeping a lot, but is walking fine and had a great appetite for his dinner.  No vomiting either.  Not sure about the other end... but I guess no news is good news!

Recharging our batteries for tomorrow.  We're believing Chimi will be totally recovered!