Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dog Prozac?


Yay!  Chim seems to be so much better, at least physically.  There wasn't a mess for Linda to clean up this morning when she woke him up and he has not vomited at all.  I think it's still wise to keep eating chicken and rice though, right Linda?  After all, you can't let it go to waste.  It's been seriously raining all morning.  I knew the storm was coming so I woke Linda up at 4:10 a.m., right before it started, so I could go outside and pee.  Chim had to go out in the pouring rain a little later.  Linda had to carry him down the deck steps and block the stairs until he went.  Both of us hate getting wet.  Although his symptoms seem better, emotionally he is a wreck. The trauma from the exam, IV line and shots yesterday is still weighing heavy on him. The slightest thing is making him flinch.  He jumped out of his skin when one of Linda's study index cards brushed his head while he was sleeping on her lap this morning.  When she picked her coffee cup off the end table he thought she was going to smash him with it.  (Chim has never been spanked once in the entire time he has lived here.  I don't know why he thinks he thinks someone would hit him.)  I think he needs Prozac.

   I forgot to post yesterday that Chimi has gained a pound since his last vet visit.  He was 14.1 during his broken nail incident and yesterday he was 15.2 pounds.  His body fat has actually gone down, but he is taller and stronger.  The vet was shocked that he was a pure bred Chihuahua and such a beast. 

He should be named King or Prince.  He's so regal. 
UPDATE:  Chim didn't eat his chicken and rice for breakfast.  It was still in his bowl when Linda got home from teaching.  I came to his rescue though.  As soon as I started eating it for him, he pushed me out of the way and ate most of it.  Chim just can't stand it when I'm eating and he isn't.