Thursday, October 11, 2012

Last Day

This will be Linda's last day of rest before she starts teaching again.  Taking 3 full days off from activity never, ever happens unless she is on vacation or recovering from knee surgery.  As anxious as she is to get back to work, both Chim and I LOVE having her home all day.  She can't drive anywhere, so it's been 24 hours of hugs and cuddles.  Today she has another Dr.'s appointment and then Penelope and Sarah are coming for lunch.  (The wild kids across the street are screaming at the top of their lungs and laughing in their kitchen.  Their dogs are barking and howling. It's great having the windows open, but WOW, how could 3 kids make that much noise so early! Their Granny is babysitting, so I guess the rules are a little lax.) 
She should practice carrying one of these 15 pound dumbbells and one 5 pound since that's what Chim and I weigh.
Check back later for photos of our fun lunch.  Linda is going to ask Sarah to take us for a walk. I probably won't want to go.  Yesterday, I only went 2 houses with PW before I turned around and ran back home.  Also, Dennis is coming to cut the lawn when he gets off from work.  Chim loves Dennis so he'll get some playtime in the backyard while Dennis mows.  I stay on the deck, clear of the mower to be safe.