Saturday, March 17, 2012

Meet Samson

Jerry did surprise us today!  He showed up while Linda was teaching to take us for a long walk.  I think we were gone way over an hour and... drum roll please... I walked the entire way!  Both Chim and I were conked out when Linda got home at 1:30, so she changed into shorts and decided to do some people watching and enjoy the beautiful weather.   She had a return to do at The Towne Center, so it worked out perfectly to go there.  She forgot about it being a huge beer drinking day though.  The Center was holding a St. Patrick's beer festival in and around the outdoor ice ring.  It did make for some amazing people watching because almost everyone was dressed up and some were wearing crazy leprechaun outfits. She also met a normal guy with an adorable puppy.  This is Samson.  He is a 15 week old Pitt Bull who Linda said had paws as big as my head! Samson was about the size of Chim with 10 pounds more muscle. (His head was huge though, way out of proportion to his body size.)  He was really gentle and obedient to his owner.  In a way, I'm glad she let me stay home to nap.  I don't like places when they are that crowded.  Plus, people drinking/getting drunk & little tiny dogs don't go together.  I might have gotten stepped on.  Linda checked again to see if her favorite frozen yogurt place was open for the season, but it was totally out of business.  She'll just have to wait for the Froggie yogurt place to open down the street from our house!