Wednesday, March 14, 2012

88 Degrees in the Car!

This is Linda all the way
It wasn't too easy, but I made it through the heat yesterday with my huge mop of fur. When Linda got in the car to go to work, the temp was almost 90!  It went down to the low 80's when she started driving though.  We did not take a walk during the daytime hours. While she was teaching, Jerry came to take us both for our night-time walk.  It was way cooler by then, and I made the whole hour without being carried once.  While we were sitting on the deck at noon yesterday in the sun, I started panting and having some labored breathing with wheezing.  Linda put me back inside and I crashed on the hardwood floor to cool off.  (Even her iPhone overheated and shut itself off because the sun was so hot!) A few times last night Linda woke up covered in sweat and contemplated turning the air conditioner on, but decided not to.  Mid March and the air conditioner just do not go together.  Hopefully, it won't be too hot today for our walk.  If Paul takes us on the trail where it's cooler, I should do fine.  If the weather is like this now, what will July/August be like?  Linda loves the hot weather and is looking forward to summer!