Friday, September 23, 2011

When Dogs Work Out

It's another full day for Linda which means another boring day for Chim and I.  She is subbing this morning at the YMCA before her regular classes.  Tonight, she has baby duty at Family Fun Night.  I think it's supposed to rain today, so we wouldn't be walking anyway.  Speaking of walking, Linda met someone in her class at Fitness First that has a small dog walking business.  Even though there we already have two volunteer walkers we love, it's only on occasional Tuesday nights, some Wednesdays, rarely on Saturday, and every Sundays.  Noah takes us for two or three long walks Thursday since it is Linda's day off and we are training him to be the next Dog Whisperer.   I'm not all that concerned about it, but Chim is the one who suffers since he has to be cooped up.  (Of course the vet and Linda disagree, I need the work outs to help me lose the 1 pound I've been struggling with all year.) The downside of professional dog walking is the cost, $20 for a 30-min. walk for two dogs.  Maybe Linda can trade out some personal training sessions with the dog walking service?  The owner mentioned to Linda she wants to drop 10 pounds and firm up her muscles.  Plus, since I have to be carried when I get tired, the dog walker will get a good bicep workout!