Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Strolling



We finally got down to the trail to check out the leftover flood debris.   The first water crossing was fine, but you can see by this photo how high the waters were.  There is actually a dam up in the tree where the branches washed down and collected.  A few yards after crossing the stream, the trail was still under water, so we had to turn around and take a long-cut through a neighborhood.
Besides muddy water, the flood left some pretty impressive mushrooms.  Linda tried to get me to stand next to it, but I didn't like the smell of the mushroom and wanted to stay away.  It's probably poisonous.  Believe me when I say the cap was bigger than my head!

I just love my new carry-me pouch so much that I actually rode more than I walked this afternoon.  It holds up to 25 pounds so technically, Chimmie could ride in it with me in an emergency.  If Linda ever has to flee our home at a moment notice, it would be perfect for us to escape with her.  I guess Chip is out of luck though.  She is so fat that she probably exceeds the weight limit alone.