Monday, September 19, 2011

At Least The Drugs are Good

Take me home, NOW!
I'm home recovering.  From what?  Only the most awful vet visit I've ever had!  Turns out my little bout with diarrhea wasn't from yucky meat or sweets.  My glands that make the odors that we say Hi! with to other dogs (the ones near my privates) were impacted and ruptured.  Poor Linda, I don't know how she was able to stand it.  She is so thankful she saw it before I got a bad septic infection and died.  I'm not totally out of the woods yet, I have to go in a few days to be rechecked.  When Linda flipped me over this afternoon and saw what I was suffering with, she almost fainted.  She took a photo, but said it's not something readers want to see.  Just think of a swollen, PURPLE and bloody tumor the size of a quarter and that is what I had.  The other side wasn't as bad.  It's drained and stitched up now, so hopefully it will heal up.  The Vet was super nice and gave me a shot for the pain, along with an IV bag of fluids for dehydration and a lot of other shots for infection.  I have to take two medicines, twice a day for 14 days. One is to treat infection and one is to keep me blissfully unaware that there is any pain. The shot I got before the surgery is making me dopey and tired, but at least I can rest comfortably now.  It was so painful at first that the vet tech had to muzzle me before they started the procedure.  Lil' 6 pound Choopie muzzled like some kind of Pitt Bull!  I don't feel like dealing with Chim right now, so Linda is keeping us separated.  Linda feels like a horrible Mom for not realizing it sooner.  I'm so furry down there that she didn't see it until she went to bathe me.  She still gets the shivers thinking about it!