Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm Being a Pill

I absolutely hate taking my medicine.  The liquid one is easier for Linda to give me.  She sucks it up in a syringe and squirts it right down my throat.  I don't like it one bit, but I have to swallow or I'll choke.  The pill, forget it.  At first, she was very patient with me. Only I kept spitting it out.  She tried wrapping it in a little piece of cheese, then chicken, finally... she tried a dab of cat food since I'm obsessed with the taste of it.  Now, she's making me just swallow it plain since it was taking her 10 full minutes to get me to obey.  Tonight, she shoved it down the back of my tongue and held my mouth shut for 30 seconds. She even googled "how to make dogs take pills."  There is something called a pill popper that you stick in the dogs mouth and it shoots the pill down their throat.  I vote no on that one.  There are also pill pockets which are little treats that you stick the pill inside.  Right, I'll eat the treat and spit out the pill.  Why can't they just make dog pills taste delicious?  Linda said I have to take the medicine for 12 more days or I could get very sick from an infection.