Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh Deer!


Deer can be dangerous. One time Snickers was off leash chasing a deer and he circled around bringing it back to Linda who was on the trail. Problem was, the deer almost smashed into her, followed by Snickers who was just a few feet behind. He would never hurt the deer, he just loved to play tag with them. We usually see a lot of deer during our walks on the trail next to our house. The past few times they have all been hiding. Sometimes, there are dead deer along the main street where I walk. They come flying out of the woods and run across the street. I've never seen one get hit, and it's a good thing too. A 38 year old man was jogging near a park when a deer came bolting out of the woods. A car hit the deer, sent it airborne and then it landed on top of the jogging man! Yikes. I bet that hurt. The poor deer was killed, the car was totaled, but the jogging man was not hurt. If a deer fell on me, I dare say I would be crushed flat like a pancake. I've never ate a pancake, but they sure look yummy.