Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crazy Like a Fox


There is one part of the trail that always makes me nervous. I put my tail between my legs and keep checking behind me. I do it at the exact same place every single time we go for a walk. Linda said there must be a fox den nearby and I can smell the danger. We have not seen one in a long time, but Linda still picks me up and carries me at that point. This poor Arizona women wasn't so safe during her walk on the trail at the base of the Granite Mountain. She was hiking alone when the fox attacked her, biting her on the foot. She grabbed it by the neck to get it off, then it clamped down on her arm. With the fox dangling from her arm, she ran ONE MILE to her car and then pried the fox off her arm and threw it in the trunk. She immediately drove to the hospital. When the animal control officer opened the trunk, the fox bit him too! Since the fox was positive for rabies, both people are undergoing treatment.