Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dear Diary, Today I .....



I had big fun today with Jerry. He picked me up in his black car with VERY loud music playing. I told him I was feeling snacky, so we pulled into the Burger King drive-thru. I started to lick my lips and get excited. I jumped onto his lap and put my paws up on the car window. We ate on his kitchen floor while Ink and I became friends again. At first I forgot the food was even there, but then remembered and started pawing at the bag. Jerry gave me egg, but soon he was sharing the shaved ham (even better then bologna if that is possible!). I couldn't eat it fast enough. Then it was playtime. I ran upstairs (lots of steps for a little dog), and waited for him to catch up. He took a storage container and covered it with a towel then put it just at the window level. The window was cracked so I could get some fresh air. I was way entertained just sitting in the window. That is, until I remembered that the window leads to outside and outside means walking on the trail! New smells, new dogs!! I whined a bit, then barked at him--finally I ran over and pounced on him, rolled over on my back to do some tricks--then ran back to the window and barked some more. Finally the large monkey man gets the picture. We went for about a 20 minute walk. I only got tired once and stopped for him to pick me up. That lasted about 3 minutes before I wanted down again. I was so tired when I got back that I slept 1/2 hour, then of course, made him play with me some more. I love being with Jerry, but I missed Linda big-time and wagged my tail and hopped into his arms when he said it was time to go home. I made him chase me around the house when we got back just to be sure he had enough exercise. He caught me and put me all snug and safe in my little pink bed. He promised to take me on a lot of adventures. What's next? Maybe a trip to the dog park where I can run off leash!