Friday, November 14, 2008

I Would Like One Baconator...To Go


Since I am still on my hunger strike, Linda had to go back to the vet and get some "special" food for me to eat. Good thing that Linda is so sharp and asks a lot of questions. She called ahead of time and spoke to the vet-tech who spoke to another Dr. since the person I saw was off today. She read my chart and told the tech what kind of food to give Linda. When she got there, she started asking a lot of questions about the food: what is in it, how much, how many times a day I should eat it. After she paid and walked out, the answers were not making sense to her. It was a very high fat food without carbs at all! If I didn't eat it, she got this squirter-thingie and was supposed to force feed me!! When she went back in told them it did not seem right, the tech went back to talk to the Dr. again. It seems they could not read his writing and gave me a very high fat food with lots of meat like pork & beef in it. The very thing that almost killed me! The tech swapped it with the low fat turkey and rice kind. Yikes. I appreciate all she is doing to get me to eat, but I did not like the new food either. I guess I'm just going to fade away to nothing. That is unless Linda gets me a Baconator: six strips of hickory smoked bacon piled high atop two 1/4 lb. burgers and 2 slices of cheese (hold the mayo and ketchup)