Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm going to LIVE!



Whew! I'm home from the hospital. What an afternoon. I am pretty sick, but the nice Vet said I was spunky and had a lot of spirit, so I would make it if both Linda and I are very careful. I have acute pancreatitis. It is sudden inflammation of the pancreas that causes it to begin digesting itself. I got a bunch of shots, an IV of fluids, blood work and medicine I have to take for 10 days. The Vet said that a fatty diet, liver disease and infection can be the cause. It seems like the yummy steak I ate the other day was way to rich for me. One of the other characteristics is obesity. He pointed out my weight history. In Jan. '07 I was 2 pounds; Feb '08 I was 4.2, July '08 (this is embarrassing..) I was 5.75! Today, just 3 months later I was 4.7. I lost a whole pound which still is 1 pound overweight according to the Dr. Look how tiny I look on the baby scale. Because of the sickness, I have to eat baby food, mashed potatoes and tuna fish to get my tummy healthy. No more treats or table scraps for Choopie. When we got home, I would not crawl out of Linda's purse. I felt so safe inside. She loves me so much that she got her friend Tom to teach her TKD class tonight so she could stay with me. She even canceled dinner plans at a fancy restaurant to make sure I don't throw up. (If that happens, I have to go to the emergency room stat.)