Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Just for Babies


Linda was just rejoicing yesterday that it has been quite a while since I've had a seizure. While we were getting ready for our afternoon walk, I was peppy and felt excited to get outside in the beautiful weather. I started out strong and was having a great time. Linda knows the signs of a seizure coming on, and she noticed my left side was walking a little lopsided. In about 5 seconds, I started tripping. She knew a full blown attack was about to happen, so she sat right down on the sidewalk and held me in her lap until the seizure passed. We were a long way from home and she was worried about getting me home safely. She stood up and noticed that people had cleaned their garage out just a few houses from where we sat. Miraculously, they had put a used baby stroller out at the curb. She carried me over and set me down in the stroller. She even strapped me in for safety. I got the most comfortable ride all the way home! We are keeping it for when we take longer walks or when the ground is wet.