Friday, September 25, 2009

Change? I Think He Meant Chains.


I'm no political genius like Tierney. She has written political blogs and even did some live commentating at her collage during this years elections. I need her to explain how this proposed health care plan is supposed to work. The Joint Committee on Taxation confirmed today that there is a penalty for failing to pay the up to $1,900 fee for not buying health insurance. If you decide not to pay the fine, get ready to cough up a $25,000 fine and possibly face one year in jail. My little Chihuahua brain can not comprehend this. If you can't afford to buy your own health insurance, you really can't afford the $1,900 fee to opt out, and you definitely don't have the extra 25G in your piggy bank. I guess you can look at the positive side: you'll get free health care while you are in jail.