Thursday, August 21, 2008

This Ones For You



Linda and I are such Olympic junkies. It's so incredible watching the athletes excel in their sports. Go USA! Volleyball, both beach and indoor, is awesome. Then we like gymnastics and track & field. It's sad that both USA men & women teams dropped the baton. Swimming was fun too... it's hard to pick what is the best to watch. (Well, field hockey and water polo are not that interesting.) The greatest commercial I've ever seen was just on. There are 2 big Clydesdale horses trying out for the Budwiser team, the horse that does not get chosen just stands there so sad. Then the Dalmatian dog comes up to encourage him. Sparky Dog trains the horse all year (to the theme of the Rocky music) running and pulling stuff in the blinding snow. Next year, the Big Fellow tries out again and gets chosen. The horse and the dog celebrate together. I cried. I think even Linda had tears in her eyes. It's inspired me to chase my toy just a little bit faster when Linda throws it down the hall.