Sunday, August 17, 2008

That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles


I have cookies every night before bed, but not the kind that Uncle Amos, The Keebler Elves or Mrs. Fields bakes. If I wasn't allergic to chocolate and I could eat Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies, she might not be in the trouble she is currently facing. Poor Mrs. Fields is filing for bankruptcy since a lot of people are cutting back on snacks because of the slow economy. (Or maybe because everyone is too fat and they are on a diet.) She is $200 million in debt. I figure she would need to sell about 80,000,000 cookies to pay it back. If all of my readers just went to the mall and bought 1 cookie at $2.50 each, we could pay back her loan and continue to smell the yummy cookies while we shop at the mall. Maybe Donald Trump will buy up all the cookies and save her company just like he is doing for Ed McMahon's house.