Friday, August 22, 2008

Called by the Crocodile



Just yesterday I was blogging about crocodiles. I said I was scared of croc's since they eat Chihuahuas and would not want to be carried in a croc purse. I'm just a wee dog and I seem to have a little more common sense then Rubel Sheikh in Bangladesh. Part of his religion includes a ritual where you go into a pond of crocodiles and bath. The crocks are supposed to give you blessings. Every day people throw hens and goats in the water to feed them. I guess Rubel got in the water before they ate breakfast because the hungry, hungry crocodiles gobbled him right up. Twenty five people jumped in and and tried to save Rubel, but it was too late. I hope that they don't kill the croc for eating him since he was just doing what crocodiles do naturally. Back in 1956, there was a magazine that actually had an article about "called by the crocodile." Click on the photo.