Friday, June 29, 2012

Hype?

I hope that Penny does not have Taylor's allergies to dogs.  He gets itchy and his eyes water when he touches me.  I'm counting the days until I can start playing with Penny.  Sarah is not a dog person, but I hope she lets Penny have some puppy-fun! 
My first time meeting Noah

 There are supposed to be some dogs that are "hypoallergenic" but the latest research from The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology states its just a lot of marketing hoop-la.  The report claims that the popular Labaradoodle and Spanish Water dog actual measures more allergic protein than dogs without the label.  Plus, the air in the homes with those dogs have no less allergens in the air than regular dogs.  The founder of a specialty company that sells dogs labeled "hypoallergenic" at a price of $16,000 each actually admits that there is no published data nor any controlled test on if the dogs they sell cause allergic attacks or not.  Wow!  I guess it really is mind over itching.  If you believe your Labaradoodle won't make you sneeze and itch, it won't!

Read more at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48017583/ns/health-allergies_and_asthma/#.T-98tPUR7FA