Sunday, January 16, 2011

Secretary, Bring Me My Milk!


I've never considered running for office. I mean, Heck... I'm a dog. But I do think I could make some awesome changes to the pet community. My first change: Inside dog parks. Lots of them. With AstroTurf, real trees, fire hydrants, lots of toys and a special area for little dogs. Next on my agenda, all dogs MUST be leashed when not at the dog park or in their fenced back yard. I hate being on the trail and having a huge Doberman almost trample me. Third: I would build huge no-kill shelters that were funded by an extra tax on pet supplies. It would not be much, maybe 1%, but all animals could be adopted for free after an intense screening process. Maybe I will run for mayor after all. In Wisconsin a tabby cat is the official mascot mayor. Freddy runs the Village Hall, visits restaurants and the post office daily to check on things. I wonder what's on his docket? More scratch posts?