Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sal the Turtle


I had the snot scared out of me this morning. Here I am, not a care in the world, playing in the back yard while Linda watched from the deck. Lah-Di-Dah... running, jumping and just having fun being free. All of a sudden Linda sees me jump straight up in the air and head lickity-split back up the deck steps. She went out to investigate what scared me. Guess what it was! The big turtle who was living in the front yard is now in the back yard up against the fence! He was as scared as I was. His neck was stuck way inside his shell. Linda put more spinach and bread out for him to eat. I guess we need to name him since he has made himself at home. I named him Sal... short for Sal Monella. That is what Linda said I would get if I touched him. These two guys look like friends, maybe he will turn out to be my pal.