Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Taz-Mania!


It's time to panic! I read some depressing news on MSNBC today. It seems like mammals are disappearing off the face of the earth. One in two mammal species are declining and at least 1 in 4 are at risk of disappearing forever! This is so scary, but it's even worse in South and Southeast Asia where 79 percent of primate species are threatened with total extinction. One of the endangered mammals is the Tasmanian devil. As you know from watching cartoons, the Tasmanian devil is the size of a small dog, maybe Choopie size. It is dying from cancer that causes tumors around the mouth and that leads to death by starvation. In the cartoons, Taz would tear around creating huge dust clouds then eat everything and everybody because of his insatiable hunger. Sometimes I race around the house like Taz and then I stop to eat all the cat food. I hope I don't become extincted.