Saturday, October 18, 2008

Like Totally Awesome Dude!


Cowabunga! I have seen dogs riding on the back of motorcycles, cats riding in a bike basket even a dog on a skate board. Never thought I would see surfing rats. Tofu and Fin are one-year old rats who learned how to surf from their teenage owner. The boy built little surf boards for them and started pushing them around on the ripples. Before long they were catching 4 foot waves in their home town of Haleiwa, Hawaii. Rats love to swim. Tofu and Fin are strong enough to surf 20 minutes at a time before they take a rest and dry off. Then it's back on their boards for tricks and and stunts in front of astonished audience who gather to watch the pair. I don't even like taking a bath, but it got me thinking that if we got the Wii Balance board, I could virtual surf! Linda wants to get one so she can Wii Hula! Aloha!!