Sunday, October 5, 2008

But Am I Really Ready?



It seems like I still have what it takes. Today I think I found a new boyfriend. My heart is still first and foremost with Snickers, but he would want me to be happy since he is gone forever. I owe it to myself to at least give Buddy a chance. He is a big ole' sweet dog who reminds me so much of Snickers. He is gentle, calm and he couldn't take his paws off me. We took a long walk on the trail and shared some filet mignon right off the grill for lunch. (Linda ate giant mushrooms since she does not like meat.) Buddy has another dog he lives with named Charlie who didn't like all the attention that Buddy was giving me. You can see the jealous look on Charlie's face. Maybe I'll get to see Buddy again, maybe not... but it was a fun day and I got to sniff 1,000 new smells! Life is good. Now its nap time.