Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Choopie Phelps


Wow, what a storm we had last night! The lightening and thunder was so intense, it frightened me. I'm glad I was safe and sound inside my house. I don't like getting wet even in the bathtub. Swimming scares me. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a stray stuck outside with no shelter during a storm like that. A poor golden retriever got lost in Atlanta and made his way to St. Petersburg, over 400 miles away. He was lost for 9 months. During a horrible storm, the dog made his way to a travel agency where he sat outside until an employee named Jay Getman let the dog inside. He took the dog to a vet who found a microchip and the retriever was able to be reunited with his family. What a happy ending! I have a microchip in case I ever get lost. Thanks goodness for modern technology.