Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Crikey Mate!


The Zambezi is the fourth largest river in Africa. It's most spectacular feature is Victoria Falls which is the world's largest waterfall. Earlier in the year, I wrote about the African ritual of people who jump in the river to clean themselves of evil spirits. One small problem, the river is home to very hungry crocodiles. Recently, sixteen members of a Zimbabwean soccer team jumped into river to get rid of their evil spirits for an upcoming match. Only fifteen players got out of the water. I guess the croc got rid of his evil spirits for him. I'm very curious how many people have been eaten while performing the ritual. Does anyone know? Maybe they better just start jumping in the bath tub instead. Sounds a lot safer. I love this stuffed toy of the croc eating the man. It would be fun to chase it up and down the hallway during my nightly fetch game.