Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Three and a Half Stars



Linda wore the new sneakers for 2 of her 4 classes today, so she has her review ready.  As you can see, they look very fashionable and... oh wait, these are Penny's new leopard print flats.  She said they were very comfortable and all the other girls in the nursery are green with envy!

OK, right picture now.  Her is her review:
I wore the The Mizuno Wave Creation 13 today to teach an hour Sculpt class and an hour Body Combat class; along with walking the dogs. (I know, they are running shoes but I didn't have anytime to run today.) They look beautiful and I love the colors.  The open weave kept my feet cool and they were lightweight.  The toe box is super comfy, not too big or too small.  My toes had plenty of room without sliding around.  But the most amazing part of the shoe is the insole.  It felt custom made for my arch! The support was amazing!  Once during Combat I felt a small hot spot in the ball of my left foot, but it went away and I forgot about it.  So that's all the good stuff.  Now for the not so good.  Can you see how high the show is cut in the back by my Achilles?  The outside of the shoes rubbed a sore spot under my ankles on both feet which caused two tiny blisters to form.  More importantly, the rubbing aggravated a tendon or something that wraps around the ankle bone protrusion.  Even after the shoes are off, the outside of my upper foot/ankle hurts to walk, and it's actually throbbing a little right now as I type this. It's not the walking with a crutch kind of hurt, just an irritated feeling. I am going to try wearing different socks tomorrow that come up a little higher.  I think once the shoes break-in and stretch a bit around the top, they will turn out to become one of favorite sneakers.