Friday, August 10, 2012

Close Encounter

I love this picture of Chimi and I heading down one of our favorite trails.  It's actually a deer path off the beaten trail that people started using for a shortcut through the woods.  Even though it's a beautiful walk (there is a running stream to the right of us) I am always a little nervous when we walk on it.  Deer scare me after my very close encounter a few years ago.  It was before we had Chim but after Snickers died, so I was an only child.  Linda was doing a lot of biking at the time and I was riding shotgun in my carry pouch. This photo of me was taken seconds after a family of 3 deer strolled in front of our bike, then stopped to stare at us before heading off into the woods.  If Linda would have reached out, she could have touched the littlest one.  I was quaking and shaking like it was the end of the world.  Ever since then, I've hated the smell or sight of deer.  PW said he saw one on Thursday, but it was far enough off the path that I didn't see it.