Saturday, August 11, 2012

A First

This is the first morning ever that Chimi isn't pressed up against Linda on the love seat.  Even before he was big enough to jump up on the couch himself (less than a week) he always, without fail, sits with Linda while she has quite time, reads and then updates our blog/checks email.  I sit with her 1/2 the time, but really prefer my kitchen bed in the mornings.  For some unknown reason, he won't come down off the big bed this AM.  Linda has tried calling him, tempting him with cookies and his Woobie, but he won't budge.  He's nestled down into the covers and seems happy to stay there.  It's honestly kind of nice not having to pick his wet, drool laced Woobie off her Bible or keyboard. 
"I'm not leaving The Big Bed, so go away"

"Is this set-up sweet or what?"
Both Linda and I didn't sleep well last night.  There was thunder and that makes me quiver and cry. The last time she looked at the clock it was 2:20 a.m. and then I woke her up at 5:30 because I had to go outside.  She tried to fall back asleep, but by then Chip was wide awake and howling at the bedroom door.  It's one of those days where she back-to-back places she has to be, so there won't be time for a nap. Go away insomnia!!