Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Woof and Worship


Churches around the country are starting to include dogs in their worship services. Some of the churches offer doggie beds, canine prayers and even treats when they leave. One churches attendance had dwindled to just a few dozen people. When the Pastor started Woof and Worship, he saw 30 new human faces the first week. All different kinds of dogs from mini-Chorkies to large Pitt Bulls all come together to attend church with their humans. One women who has no family or friends was afraid to go to church because she did not want to sit alone. When she read about Woof and Worship, she packed up her 2 dogs and immediately felt at home among the other worshipers and dogs. I know I'll never be able to go to Linda's church services, but once I did go with her to Family Fun Night. And once I got to sit on her lap when she had her churches Care Team meet at our house. I love to sit with Linda while she reads her Bible.