Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2% To Go


I'm just about the smartest dog ever. One of the things Linda never required me to do was "heel" on our walks. Since I'm so little and never pull, she lets me run out in front. After Cesar said that all dogs should walk behind the pack leader unless they are given permission to be ahead, she decided to try and teach me "heel." She started last week and today, after only 5 days of practice, I'm the absolute best "heeler" ever! Now when she says "heel" I immediately run behind her and walk a few inches behind her. When she says "street or carry" I stop on a dime. I know never to go near the curb. If a car is in a driveway blocking the sidewalk, I know to sit and wait to be picked up. I know the difference of the command go to Choopies bed, Taylor's bed or the "big" bed. Sit, lay down, roll over and shake are a breeze. When I get a treat, I leave it on the floor until Linda says "come girl." In my whole life I've never chewed a shoe or any of Linda's things. OK, so I still miss the pee-pee pad once in awhile, but I'm about 98% perfect!