Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowpocalypse


Here I am on the deck. You can't even see the top of the snow in the photo. All I have to say is EPIC! I know I said I was tired of hearing that word but it is the only word that describes what we have going on right now. Linda shoveled 8" of snow last night before bed, but this morning... it was EPIC! Neighbors measured 26 1/2" with 4 foot drifts. The weather guessers are saying the snow is going to keep going until 10 p.m. Our power keeps flicking on and off, but so far we still have heat and lights. Linda shoveled, shoveled and shoveled some more this morning at 9:00. She did part of the deck and down the back steps to keep her heat pump clear of snow. (I heard her talking to it to while shoveling saying "Hold on, I'll save you... keep working Mr. Pump".) Linda is drinking hot coffee and trying to thaw out before she goes out again for round four. UPDATE: Two plows just came through and made a huge 3 foot wall of snow where she just shoveled out the driveway!!