Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Free Willy


I guess you never know about killer whales. One minute they are your best buddy, carrying you around on their nose, the next... they snap and do what they are named form. A poor trainer at the Orlando Sea World (Linda has been there plenty of times) was killed by Shamu. Witnesses said the whale jumped up and grabbed the experienced trainer off the platform and shook her to death. Other witnesses said the trainer slipped and fell into the tank. This "Shamu" was involved in 2 previous deaths over the years, but had been doing wonderful. Hey people, they are called killer whales for a reason. Whales go crazy when they are kept in captivity. They belong in the big wide sea swimming free. I don't even like it when Linda gates me in the kitchen for an afternoon. I can't imagine being a 11,000-pound, 22-foot-long living my life in a 35 foot deep tank. Not to mention someone standing on my nose.