Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's a Three Dog Night


We ventured outside today for a walk. It wasn't too freezing with my warm coat on, but Jerry ended up carrying me inside his coat towards the end of the walk. Our part of the country isn't even that cold compared to other places. So far we have not had any snow, just one day with a little ice on the windshield. Fine by me! I wish we could go right from fall to spring and skip winter altogether. Back when Sheba the Siberian Husky used to live here, she wouldn't come back inside when it was snowing. She would run and run around the backyard and make Linda chase her! She loved the snow and winter weather. I never met her, but if Snickers loved her... I'm sure I would too. (Although she kept killing small rodents and birds, so maybe it is a good idea she is in dog heaven already.) Linda says that Sheba always had to have the last word. She would go "woo..woo.woo" back at you when ever she was scolded or told to do something. Sheba would escape from the 6 foot fenced backyard and Snickers would have to go with her to protect her. Twice they had to be sprung from the pound. If they were both still alive, we could keep Linda really warm on these extra cold three-dog-nights.