Monday, January 5, 2009

Pony Express


Those pesky miniature horses are trying to take our jobs. Service dogs have helped blind people make there way around town forever. It seems that mini-horses live much longer then dogs (up to 30 years), so you don't have to get used to a new guide. Horses have amazing vision and are way stronger then dogs, so it can help elderly people better. The article says that they work in sync with people better then dogs. They are also more aware of their surroundings because they are prey animals, not predators like dogs. I would be a great helper dog. Linda has taught me not to go near the curb. When we walk, I lay down and wait for the "carry" command. Then I jump up to her arms. I can also roll over, shake hands and I know that "shoes" means we are going for a walk. The word "laundry" will bring me racing downstairs so I can lay in the warm pile. The word "elevator" means I run to Linda's big tall bed because she is going to lift me up to lay with her. Of course, I know "Choopies bed" and even what "inside Choopies bed" means. (Inside, I get a cookie.) How smart is that!