Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Leech-a-Bunga!


Surfing sounds like it would be fun. There are plenty of dogs (and even rats: see 10/18/08) who learn to surf. First, I would have to learn to swim. I've never been in water past my knees. After readying this story, maybe I'll stick to the kitchen sink for my baths. A thirty-three-year-old man named Glenn Orgias surfing in the waters off Sydney a few weeks ago. He was hanging-ten when all off a sudden he was bitten on the arm by a great white shark. His hand was dangling by tiny piece of skin. Thanks to a quick thinking surfer dude who applied a tourniquet, doctors were able to reattach his hand. Doctor's used leeches to help restore blood flow to his hand. Thanks to the surfer dude, the amazing doctors, Glenn's physical strength and blood-thirsty leeches, there is a good chance that Glenn will be able to regain use of his hand.