Friday, May 14, 2010

Bella and Bo


My friend Bo, the wiener dog, almost died earlier this week. He got into Leslie's Mother's Day Godiva chocolates and ate the entire box! Bo is my size, so that much chocolate could kill him dead. He went to the same animal healing center where I will have my surgery. They deal with taking care of all things pets: surgery, emergency care, dental care, and even check-ups. Bo was put on an IV and spent the night in the emergency room. It looks like with great care (and lots of prayers) he will make a full recovery. He might have pancreatitis, the same thing I got from eating a few bites of steak a few years ago. I was healed after eating a bland diet for a few weeks. I hope he has learned his lesson and stays away from the poison chocolate in the future. Linda never gives me any bites from the table anymore. I eat my plain chicken, rice and healthy dog food mixture.