Wednesday, May 28, 2008

If Barbie is so Popular, Why Do You Have to Buy Her Friends?


For some reason, I've been obsessed with Barbie dolls after I found that photo of Barb upchucking in the toilet. (see May 18 ). Tierney had a lot of Barbies when she was little, but they are all gone now to Barbie heaven. She still has some of her Polly Pockets and Pet Shoppe Pals though. Anyway, back to Barbie. This photo of the cat sleeping with her doll has really got me thinking. They now make Beanie Babies for dogs, Linda bought me a skunk from PetDumb the other day. It is really a Beanie Baby brand too, it's just squeaky and crinkly. It is my new favorite toy. What if I started a company that did Barbie and Ken dolls for dogs. They would be chewy, squeaky, pliable, and have chicken flavored yarn hair that we could pull on. I'm excited about this business opportunity. Tierney is a great artist, so maybe I'll get her to do some design sketches and we will post them. Since I wrote about this idea, it's patented to Choopie. Do not steal it or I will send Snickers after you.