Monday, January 25, 2010

What's In a Name?


My real name is Chalupa, but everyone calls me Choopie. Even Linda got confused. She registered my dog license under Chalupa when I was a puppy. She got another bill the next year and forgetting she registered me as Chalupa, she wrote Choopie on the form. This year we received two bills from the county. One for a dog named Chalupa and one for a dog named Choopie. Linda called the dog tag people and explained the mix up, but they were not buying it. She had to talk to a supervisor to get it all straightened out. In England, a 19-year old boy had a normal name: George Garratt. Thinking George was too vanilla, he decided to legally get his name changed. His choice: Captain Fantastic Faster Than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine Hulk And The Flash Combined. His Grandmother is so mad at Captain.....Combined that she is not even speaking to him. If he ever gets married, I'm sure his wife will keep her own last name.