Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby It's STILL Cold Outside


This cold weather is getting me down. I want to go outside for a walk, but after walking just a few houses, I want to come back inside because I'm freezing. Reputable Chihuahua breeders say never to walk Chihuahuas in weather under 35 degrees, even wearing a little coat. We have such high metabolisms that we just can't keep warm. Plus, since I am half Yorkie I don't have an undercoat to keep my warm like other dogs do. So it looks like I'm not going for walks until it warms up. My blue suede coat has a Sherpa lining, but it still does not really keep me warm. Linda has been tucking me inside her LLBean parka and taking me for walks. It's super warm inside since the coat is rated for -50 degrees below zero! People laugh at my little head poking out of the coat.