Thursday, October 28, 2010

Just Say No to Nails


One of my many qualities is that I don't eat things I'm not supposed to. I've never chewed a shoe, sock, book or purse. I do love paper, but only if Linda gives it to me. If there is mail on the steps, I don't chew it. If she gives me the empty toilet paper roll, I go crazy. I'm like a crack-addict with cardboard rolls. I'm glad I'm not like this basset hound puppy, Sophie, in Colorado Springs. The dog started acting sick, so the family took it to the vet. After an examination and x-ray, the vet fount 31 rusty nails, her rabies tag and some siding from the house inside the little Sophie's tummy! Surgery took care of all the metal, but now the family has to be extra careful not to leave anything around for Sophie to eat. Once, Taylor's dog Dipsey (when he lived at his Dad's house) ate his cell phone. Linda also had a dog named Bootsie who would eat entire shoes.