Thursday, December 30, 2010

Working Out



I'm finally winning the battle of my pudge. As you all know, I've been working on losing weight all year. My highest ever was 6.2 pounds. Now I'm down to 5.6. I know one-half of a pound does not sound like much, but when you are as little as I am, it's enough to really notice the difference. Our walks have been sporadic the last month because of the weather. I think once spring comes and our walks become consistent, I will get to my goal of 5 pounds. Linda just read a story about an 8-year old little girl who lost 300 pounds. She was the fattest girl in the world. The video showed her screaming and fighting her mom for food. She demanded to eat constantly and if her mom did not feed her junk food, she went ballistic. In one day, she would eat 10,000 calories of coke, burger, fries and sweets. She was no longer able to walk and had to drag herself along the floor. The girl got so fat, she finally went into respiratory failure and was rushed to the hospital. Child Services stepped in and removed the girl from her home. She was admitted to a hospital supervised weight loss center in another state. Her mom was required to attend parenting and nutrition classes. Because she is now 300 pounds lighter the girl is able to attend school, go shopping and play at the playground. These photos of our playground time are from this fall. You can search youtube if you want to watch the video yourself.