Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Escaped Reindeer Found Hiding Under Elf House


This is a true headline from a news report in Lakeland, Florid. I had to read it a few times to figure it out. Sometimes I transpose words and letters. Sentences can make absolutely no sense whatsoever. That isn't what happened here. After I read the story, it all made perfect sense. It seems like a live reindeer was being displayed at a Nativity Scene at a local church. In the morning, Rudy was nowhere to be found. A search was called for the missing reindeer. Witness reported seeing a reindeer running around town. After volunteers hunted (not the kind of hunting with guns, thank God) the reindeer was found back at the Nativity scene hiding under the elf house. I'm glad the story had a happy ending. Two things I'm confused about: I did not think reindeer visited baby Jesus and I don't remember an elf house being in the story. A friend of Linda's has baby penguins visiting her Nativity scene, so I guess it's a possibility.