Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dog Park Etiquette


We've been going to the dog park for the past two years. Chimmie just had his first visit in November, but he was too scared to play much. In all the times we have gone, I've never been attacked or even saw another dog attacked. There are some rambunctious dogs that sometimes knock the littler dogs over, but it's all in fun. Linda has nicely told people who bring dogs bigger than 25 pounds into the "little dog" side to leave, and everyone has been friendly. I'm glad that we don't live near Tompkins Square Dog Park. There has been so many attacks by dogs on other dogs and humans that people now bring big knives or hammers into the dog park to defend themselves and their pets. A few times during walks or at festivals a dog has lashed out at me to bite me, but Linda has always saved me in time. If your dog can't behave, keep it inside and don't bring it to the dog park.