Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Almost Lost Puppy


I almost caused Linda to have a heart attack this morning. She was sitting on the deck watching me sniff around the backyard while she brushed Chip. While she was cleaning out the brush, she took her eyes off of me for about 30 seconds. When she looked up, I was gone! She called my name a few times (I always come the first time she calls, without fail) and still no Choopie. Then she panicked and ran down the steps. I was nowhere to be found! That is when she saw that one of the fence sections was falling down. There is a space for me to squeeze through. She kept calling me, but I still did not show my face. By now she was hysterical. She ran back into the house to go out the front door to see if I squeezed under the front gate and escaped. There I was, already inside sitting at the top of the stairs! While she was brushing Chip, I ran back up the steps and slid inside without her even seeing me.