Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Beware of Napping


Not the kind of napping I do during the day when I lay on my bed, but the kind of napping where you are dog napped. The FBI National Crime center is reporting a 30 percent rise this year in dog napping. The nappers are targeting dogs left in cars or tied up outside a store while owners are running errands. The bad guys are also checking out who leaves their dog outside in the fenced yard while they are at work. Linda is always very careful at the dog park and never takes her eyes off of me. On a crowed day, there are at least 20 dogs and even more humans in the fenced area. It would take just 10 seconds for someone to tuck me in their jacket and leave. I have a special microchip, but that won't deter someone from snatching me. Please, please be careful and don't let your dog become a target for napping.