Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Walking for a Cause


I love my long walks with Linda. On Saturday, Jerry usually does an even longer walk. We sometimes walk for 45 minutes! That is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned. To the two dogs who walked 826 days and over 2,000 miles, it must seem lame. The dogs, Murphy and Hudson walked with their owner to raise awareness for canine and human cancers. After the man lost his beloved dog Malcolm to cancer, he sold his truck, put all his stuff into storage and set out with the other two dogs to raise money for cancer research. Along the journey, many other dog lovers joined him who had also lost dogs to cancer. Phase two of his quest is to get 2,000,000 dogs to walk to miles for cancer. Sign me up! I'm going to join the crusade. (Linda is tearing up while I type this. She is such a cry baby.)