Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dog Days of Summer






It's been two whole days without a walk because of the incredible heat wave and then the storms. Since Linda was off this morning, she decided to take me for a walk while it was still only in the mid 80's. Bad idea. After going just 4 houses, I had a very intense seizure. This is the first one in a very long time. We were hoping I was healed and that the seizures were a thing of the past. It lasted all the way home (Linda has to carry me on my back like a baby to protect me) and then for about 3 minutes longer after she put me on her bed. Linda just kept calm and prayed that I will be OK. It takes me about 10 minutes to feel myself after it has passed. When she was sure I was going to be fine, she took me off the big bed and let me walk around. It looks like I won't be getting a walk anytime in the near future. Maybe September?? Meanwhile, how about some ice cream to cool off.